Kitchen cleaning hacks to the rescue! These amazing kitchen cleaning hacks will help you slash the time it take for a sparkling kitchen.
Stove and Oven Kitchen Cleaning Hacks
1. Soak your stove vent hood filter in hot water and Borax for a super clean and shine.
2. Shine up greasy grates on your stove by soaking them overnight with a little ammonia.
3. Coat the inside of your oven with a mixture of baking soda, water, and dish soap, then let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
4. Then give your oven racks a bath in dish soap, dryer sheets (yup!), and hot water.
5. Keep an old baking sheet on a rack at the lowest setting to catch spills and burns.
8. Combat sticky kitchen dust by wiping it with cooking oil or mineral oil.
9. Use a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to scrub away stubborn stains on your cooktop or burners.
10. Use this slick trick from Ask Anna Mosley to clean in between oven door glass.
Pots, Pans, Cups, and More Kitchen Cleaning Hacks
1. Scrub the burnt bottoms of your pans with Bar Keeper’s Friend to make them look new. You can also use a mixture of salt and vinegar for a low fume and more eco-friendly option.
This is one of the best kept cleaning secrets I have found! Used in country to commercial kitchens. I love this stuff!
2. Use a lemon and kosher salt to scrub your wooden cutting boards and butcher blocks. For more great household uses for lemon, see this post with free printable.
3. Use bleach to whiten your plastic cutting boards.
4. Save clean, but used aluminum foil to clean your glass cookware. Crumple it up and add a drop of dish washing liquid and use it to scrub your glassware.
5. Sprinkle some baking soda around the interior of the tarnished cup. Sprinkle some warm water and leave it there for 5 to 10 minutes. Use a warm, damp cloth to spread the baking soda around and scrub off the stains. Rinse and enjoy your clean cup! (You may have to repeat the baking soda scrub if the stains are particularly bad).
6. Soak tarnished silverware in a cup with white vinegar then rise and dry.
7. Clean your grimiest cookie sheets with peroxide and baking powder. Sprinkle some baking powder on the tarnished cookie sheet then add a few drops of hydrogen peroxide.Use a Brillo pad to scrub then rinse. You won’t believe how clean the become!
Decor, Window Treatments and More Kitchen Cleaning Hacks
1. If you have blinds, use this tongs hack to get them clean in a jiffy.
1. Clean the calcium buildup off of your faucet by tying a plastic bag full of a de-scaler around it.
2. Clean your garbage disposal with an old toothbrush. I also like to drop an ice cube made of vinegar and lemon down it and let it run to deodorize it at the same time. This will also help sharpen the blades.
3. Wash your sink out like a dish (using hot water and dish soap), then polish it with flour. Alternatively, I let bleach and water soak in my sink for 15-30 minutes before scrubbing.
Refrigerator, Microwave, and Other Appliances
1. If you have a stainless steel fridge or other appliances, polish them with Pledge or other furniture cleaner. In addition, you can clean them with white vinegar and polish with olive oil!
2. Clean Your Microwave With Water And Lemon! Put half of a lemon in a bowl and fill with water. Boil in the microwave them wipe down.
3. Clean your blender by squirting a bit of dish soap into it, fill the blender 1/3 with hot water, place the lid on and run the blender for 30 – 60 seconds. Rinse, dry and enjoy a clean blender!
4. Clean Your Crockpot With Oven And Grill Cleaner
5. Vacuum Your Refrigerator Coils. The coils attract dust and keeping them clean will help your fridge run more efficiently.
6 Line your refrigerator shelves with Press n Seal to make cleaning up fridge spills a breeze. Pull up, toss out and replace!
- Use vinegar or dishsoap and warm water to scrub grime off of cabinets or kitchen furniture.
Don't Miss Out on Any Home Organization Posts & Tips!
Miscellaneous Kitchen Cleaning Hacks
- Pop a wet sponge in the microwave for two minute to kill any bacteria.
Do you have any great kitchen cleaning hacks to add? Tell us below!
Because of Him,